1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely going to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and please don't lock me up out of punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment but I have only you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Please don't hit me.
8. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not feeling well, getting the right food or my heart might be getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You, too, will grow old.
10. At the end of our journey together, when a difficult decision must be made, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. It will be easier for me if you are there, because I love you so and always will.